WHY YOUR BRAIN NEEDS WATER?
DID YOU. KNOW ?
80% of your brain is water making it squissy, pink and jelly-likes
Water plays a vital role in every function of your body. Particularly, water consumption and brain functions are integrally connected. Over 60% of the adult human body is composed of water and every system in the body is dependent on proper hydration – including the activities of the brain and nervous system.
- Brain cells require a delicate balance between water and various elements to operate, when you lose too much water, that balance gets disrupted and may cause your brain cells to lose efficiency.
According to research, lack of water to the brain can impair short-term memory function, the recall of long-term memory, symptoms such as brain fog, headaches, exhaustion, anger, sleep disorders and depression. Even the slightest lack of hydration can reduce your ability to think clearly or perform well.
- Drinking water can improve one’s brain health by increasing blood flow and oxygen to the brain – which improves concentration and cognition, this helps balance moods and emotions, reducing stress and headaches.
- The brain is approximately 80% water and is one of the most important organs in your body to keep hydrated.
- Brain cells need two times more energy than other body cells and water provides this energy more effectively than any other substance.
- When your brain functions on a full reserve of water – you will be able to think faster, stay focused and experience better clarity and creativity.
Drink more water and Stay hydrated and stay refreshed!