WHY DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER HELP YOU LOOSE WEIGHT?
Water can really aid weight loss. It is 100% calorie-free, helps you burn more calories and may even suppress your appetite if consumed before meals. One can experience great benefits when you replace sugary beverages with water.
While losing weight cannot happen overnight simply by sipping water before bed (or any other time of day), there is enough evidence that supports the drinking plenty of water aids in weight loss. After all, 60% of our body is composed of water, meaning that the clear, calorie-free liquid plays a role in just about every bodily function. The more hydrated you are, research suggests, the more efficiently your body works at tasks that range from thinking to burning body fat.
Here are top 7 reasons how drinking plenty of water can aid in weight loss
- WATER NATURALLY CURBS OUR APPETITE: Drinking water before meals make you tend to eat less. This will automatically make you consume fewer calories and this will help you lose more weight. Cut down on sugar and high-calorie drinks to reap maximum benefits.
- WATER HELPS YOU BURN MORE CALORIES: Drinking water increases the amount of calories you burn, which is known as resting energy expenditure or the number of calories burned while resting.
- WATER PROMOTES HYDRATION: Dehydration can directly mess with your weight loss efforts when it causes food cravings. Hunger can be a sign of early dehydration and drinking water could help calm your appetite if this is the case.
- DRINKING WATER PROMOTES LONG TERM WEIGHT GAIN: In general, the average person gains about 2-3 kgs every 3 years.This amount can be reduced by Increasing your daily consumption of water by 1 cup. Also, replacing other drinks (especially sugary beverages) with water.
- WATER HELPS BODY TO REMOVE WASTE: Drinking more water will keep you more hydrated – this will make it easier for your system to move things along and the less likely you are to suffer from constipation and bloating. In addition, adequate water flushes harmful bacteria from the urinary tract and promotes kidney function.
- WATER HELPS TO BURN FAT: Without water, the body cannot properly digest stored fat or carbs. Drinking enough water is essential for burning off fat from food and drink, as well as stored fat.
- WATER HELPS AID EXERCISE: Working out / exercising is one of the most important components of any weight loss plan. Drinking water helps muscles, connective tissues, and joints to move correctly. It also helps the lungs, heart, and other organs to work effectively as they increase the activity during exercise. Being hydrated reduces the risk of things that can get in the way of a good workout, such as fatigue or muscle cramps.
Always drink water before, during, and after exercise to avoid dehydration.
Water and weight loss
So science does show that drinking water facilitates in weight loss and encourage other positive health outcomes. Staying hydrated definitely helps our body run more efficiently and feel better.
But drinking more water should not be only way to your wellness journey it needs to be accompanied with correct , calorie restriction and/or exercise. It is important to embrace a more comprehensive and sustainable approach in your weight loss journey.