IMPORTANCE OF WATER
WE NEVER KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF WATER TILL THE WELL IS DRY
Did you know? Around 60 percent of our body is made up of water and we can only live three to five days without fluids.
It is a know fact that water is the primary source of life and essential for our health. Water plays many important roles in our body including flushing waste from the body, regulating body temperature, transportation of nutrients and is necessary for digestion
Getting enough water every day is therefore very important for your health. However, many people do not consume the recommended daily intake.
Here are 6 reasons why drinking water is essential for your health.
- WATER KEEPS OUR ORGANS FUNCTIONING HEALTHILY: Our brain, which is about 75% water, receives oxygen from water. When you drink enough water and stay hydrated, the brain stays clear, focused, and functioning at a quick pace. Your kidneys, which are responsible for detoxing the body, need water to remove toxins through urine. All your organs need water and with strong, healthy organs, we can enjoy a good life.
- IMPROVED DIGESTION : Drinking water improves digestion as your body needs the right amount of water in order for the stomach to produce the necessary amount of gastric juice. For your bowel to work properly, it needs water. But, when you are dehydrated, you can experience digestive problems, constipation, and an overly acidic stomach. This increases the risk of heartburn and stomach ulcers.
- WATER STIMULATES WEIGHT LOSS: Drinking water can help reduce weight. It increases your metabolism and fights the feeling of hunger. Drinking water half an hour before any meal will help you feel less hungry and therefore consume less calories.
- INCREASES MUSCLE STRENGTH: Muscle tiredness may be caused from body cells which are unable to maintain a balance of electrolytes which face a potential collapse. This performance decreases when muscle cells lack necessary liquids.
- PERFECTS THE SKIN: A sufficient amount of water keeps your skin hydrated, fresh, soft, smooth and glowing. When you don’t drink enough water, your skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling. Dehydration can make your skin look dull, whereas drinking plenty of water can help give your skin a glow.
- RELIEVE HEADACHES: If your body is dehydrated, headache is the first signal. Before taking a pill to relieve your headache, try hydrating yourself.
There is no doubt that that having adequate water in your body is critical for a healthy living. Not only will maintaining your recommended daily intake help you to maintain your current state of good health, it could also improve it in the long run.
Here are some simple ways to make sure that you drink enough water:
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go. Keep taking sips from it as and when you feel the need
- Track your water intake. Make sure you consume the optimum amount every day, which is a minimum of half your body weight, in ounces/milligrams