BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER
The first rule to health and nutrition is staying hydrated by drinking enough water.
“Clean water is not an expenditure of Federal funds; clean water is an investment in the future of our country.” ~ Bud Shuster
Here are a few health benefits of drinking water:
- Helps Maximise Physical Performance: Your physical performance can suffer, if you don’t stay hydrated. If you lose as little as 2% of your body’s water content, dehydration can have a noticeable effect. Optimal hydration can prevent this from happening, and it may even reduce stress.
- Relieve Headaches: Dehydration can trigger headaches in some individuals. Drinking water may help to reduce headache symptoms.
- Youthful Skin: Your skin contains plenty of water and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Drinking water will hydrate your skin cells and plump them up.
- Brain Function & Connectivity:Water is essential for delivering nutrients to the brain and for removing toxins. Drinking water will help keep your brain fully hydrated. The exchange of nutrients and toxins will be more efficient – thus ensuring better mental alertness and concentration.:
- Aid Weight Loss: Increasing water intake can promote weight loss by increasing your metabolism slightly.
- Prevent Kidney Stones: Painful clumps of mineral crystals that form in the urinary system are called urinary stones. Drinking water appears to decrease the risk of kidney stone formation.
The Bottom Line
Make sure you get enough water each day because even mild dehydration can affect you mentally and physically.